Sign in to follow this  
richard

front window removal

what's the best way to remove the winscreen from a e36 without getting glass all over the place

I dont think its possible, i paid a guy to do mine and even he got glass everywhere, mostly from the bottom corners, theyre a bit of a pain to get at.

its got a dirty great crack in it , I'm not trying to keep it.

Just want to keep the mess to a minimum

Have used a guitar or piano wire like a saw the problem is to get a hole through the urethane to start the process on the e46 I think it was in one of the top corners. Their are professional tools available to do this but they are not cheap.

I want the window out for ease of rollcage installation and may be sometime before I put the new one in.

will an e36 have a toughened or laminated windscreen?Its the toughened ones which will break into hundreds of small peices.Laminated ones stay in mostly one peice

Just get a cable like the guy said and use it as a saw. Get a blade and make a hole any where you can find a decent spot to pull the cable around the frame of the windscreen its simple