Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Replacement for my smashed E30

Hi All

Here is the replacement for my poor E30 (RIP).

It is a 1997 323i. Bought at Turners Auctions for $9600. It has done 94,000 k's. Its exterior was pretty messy, ans the paint was badly oxidised. The interior is in pretty good nick, and the engine seems in good nick too (the engine at least was well maintained).

I gave the exterior a good going over today, and it came up pretty well. Just a few bits and pieces to tidy up over time. The bonnet is reasonably stone chipped, and as the car is black, it shows them up a lot.

Also it has nasty fake wood trim, which cracks me up. I am not a fan of it being an auto, but I can live with it (as this is only a short term thing).

It is staying standard like this, as I don't want to spend any money on it, apart from that required to keep it going.

Once it is serviced tomorrow, all will be well (I hope).

Cheers

Grant

post-9-1136675782.jpg

Edited by Grant

Looks like a very sweet car for the price you paid! Your right about the wood grain - not particularly attractive!

But otherwise it looks great.

Man, that looks good Grant! I know how badly these black Bm's can oxidise, had to do my brother's one recently but only got the boot and roof done before I gave up and left the rest to him..

I can see that Andrew's Bimmersport "car cleaning slut" title is in serious jeopardy... :mosh:

:D nice car - and you have done wonders with the paint. I have found that with very dark coloured cars, they always seem to photograph nicely.

I can see that Andrew's Bimmersport "car cleaning slut" title is in serious jeopardy... :mosh:

Not a chance, I am an amateur compared to Andrew, he is a god to all those who like clean cars!!

Guest Spargo

Seriously, i've been on the wait list for ages!

OT: I spent 200bux on meguiars a couple of days ago, woot!

i have black console bits and the bit above the glovebox , if you want to change . can do excahnge if you want .

$50

Guest Andrew

teh stockness!

looks like an awesome car for the price you paid. Auto is pretty nice in these cars.

Looks nice and tidy Grant. Good score.

Whats the plans for the next car? Didn't I hear ages ago you wanted an E30 M3 when you went to the USA or something?

Looks nice and tidy Grant. Good score.

Whats the plans for the next car? Didn't I hear ages ago you wanted an E30 M3 when you went to the USA or something?

Yup, correct, an E30 M3 in the States is the longer term plan.

Cheers

Grant