Sign in to follow this  
liam_irl

E34 Pitman Arms

REAR PITMAN ARMS

Hey does any one have any recommendations or know the best place to source a couple of these for my E34? So far Pelican parts is looking likely at about $100 for lemforder per side.

Cheers,

Liam

Edited by liam_irl

An E34 or any car in fact only has one Pitman arm. What do you actually want ??

Actually Glenn you will in fact find you are incorrect, maybe I should have been more clear in the subject line and noted rear.

I have tried linking but for some reason the site keeps crashing when I try to do so.

If you google E34 rear pitman arms(as BMW call them as per www.realoem.com) you will find in fact they do exist and only on the larger engine cars! They're also known as rear trailing arm supports/dogbones.

No need to troll as a simple search would have pointed you in the right direction, manners say a lot about a person.

Glad to educate.

Cheers,

Liam

I see you have changed the title. I was assuming front. And I'm not wrong. Realoem's description is wrong. It's a drop arm (dog bone). Check BMW ETK and I wasn't being bad mannered or trolling

Edited by *Glenn*

Have you googled it yet? You are clearly wrong! There are several guides on how to change rear dog bones etc!! I rang BMW this morning also and provided a part # and they confirmed that the number coincides with REAR PITMAN ARMS but I guess Jeff Gray BMW's system must also be wrong?

Anyway thanks for the information, these things seem to go by several names and I have sorted some out now so over and out for me.

Enjoy the weekend!

Actually Glenn you will in fact find you are incorrect, maybe I should have been more clear in the subject line and noted rear.

I have tried linking but for some reason the site keeps crashing when I try to do so.

If you google E34 rear pitman arms(as BMW call them as per www.realoem.com) you will find in fact they do exist and only on the larger engine cars! They're also known as rear trailing arm supports/dogbones.

No need to troll as a simple search would have pointed you in the right direction, manners say a lot about a person.

Glad to educate.

Cheers,

Liam

I don't think Glenn is one to troll...

Glenn is correct and you REALLY need an attitude adjustment! Try to figure out what an actual Pitman arm is before you open your mouth to change feet.. You are clearly more than idiotic enough to believe anything stated on the internet...

EDIT... I see you race a hairdresser's car, explains a lot!

Edited by will

The "What do you actually want??" part is clearly showing arrogance to me. Also if you read my first post I was clearly asking for help and not some condescending reply he gave.

And the fact I already said I have called BMW and they confirmed the part # I provided them as a pitman arm! BMW MUST BE WRONG TOO?

I don't really care what you people think about my 'Hairdressers Car' that would put most of your cars to shame on a track/back road!! You do realise you sound like a Nissan owner? I have several different cars because I am an enthusiast. An enthusiast doesn't rip into other peoples cars... Clearly just a keyboard warrior.

I CAME HERE TO ASK FOR HELP AND NOTHING ELSE. I HAVE RESOLVED MY PROBLEM SO THANK YOU TO ANYONE WHO WOULD OF HELPED.