Sign in to follow this  
Jpclarke89

e87 Brake Pad Sensor problems

Hey guys,

I recently replaced both front and rear brake pads and sensors on my e87 116i, but the (!) light on the dash is still on, even though I have reset the service lights for both front and rears. I have read a few forums online with people having similar problems, and joining the 2 wires together on the old pad sensors to clear the light, then put the new sensors back in..... But I threw the old sensors out before I read all of this. So if someone has a pair of old sensors they don't need I'll happily pay postage + a few extra dollars to save me having to buy 2 more brand new sensors. Or will getting it scanned clear this? I can't find any info online suggesting this though.

Any insight would be brilliant :wacko:

You must replace both progressive wear sensors and reset through CBS with the correct reset tool. It won,t work any other way

You must replace both progressive wear sensors and reset through CBS with the correct reset tool. It won,t work any other way

I have replaced both sensors, what reset equipment is required?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Both front and rear brake wear sensor systems must be reset through CBS with the appropriate scanner

Hey guys,

I recently replaced both front and rear brake pads and sensors on my e87 116i, but the (!) light on the dash is still on, even though I have reset the service lights for both front and rears. I have read a few forums online with people having similar problems, and joining the 2 wires together on the old pad sensors to clear the light, then put the new sensors back in..... But I threw the old sensors out before I read all of this. So if someone has a pair of old sensors they don't need I'll happily pay postage + a few extra dollars to save me having to buy 2 more brand new sensors. Or will getting it scanned clear this? I can't find any info online suggesting this though.

Any insight would be brilliant :wacko:

think about this. the sensor circuit has continuity until it's cut. Then it's open-oircuit by getting cut-through when the pad thickness is down, bringing up the lamp. In which universe would re-installing the sensor with its wire cut, reset the circuit? The internets is a 'fail' here.

Glenn is on the money. Get thee to your local BMW independent.

The later model sensors work differently and calculate pad life through CBS The wear warning can only be reset through CBS with an appropriate scan tool