Sign in to follow this  
digital_frankenstein

New member: BMW '06 323i

Howdy guys and girls.

6 years of enduring public transport, I've finally bought a replacement car.

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

Always admired the brand and it's so good to finally be an owner.

Incredible car, damn good on gas considering the engine size and the distance I travel every day.

Currently costing my $50 p/w as opposed to $80 taking the bus from Wattle Downs to Parnell every day.

I am light footed and coast where I can, so maybe my nananess is helping.

Hoping to attend meet ups and make some new mates.
Don't know a lot about the workings of cars so I'll be relying heavily on your advice.

Not sure what I want to do with the car as of yet.
I haven't really got any spare cash to spend although I have been eyeing up Plasti Dip to colour (as a cheap alternative to powder coating) my wheels and grill in black. Love the wheels, so not really interested in replacing right now.
We'll see I guess.
Any horror stories with Plasti Dip?

Edited by digital_frankenstein
  • Like 4

nice car.

1st order of business is to remove the buy right cars number plate surround. no reason to help promote them and looks ugly (imo)

cant go wrong with plastidip as long as you are careful with masking off the areas you dont want to spray or remove the wheels and grill from the car and spray it somewhere away from the car. make sure you spray enough thin layered coats. need at least 5 coats to make sure it peels off in one piece if you dont want it anymore.

nice car.

1st order of business is to remove the buy right cars number plate surround. no reason to help promote them and looks ugly (imo)

cant go wrong with plastidip as long as you are careful with masking off the areas you dont want to spray or remove the wheels and grill from the car and spray it somewhere away from the car. make sure you spray enough thin layered coats. need at least 5 coats to make sure it peels off in one piece if you dont want it anymore.

Haha yeah I was thinking the same with the plates. Will get round to that this weekend I think.

Cheers for the tips with the spray.

Watched a bunch of videos on YouTube when I discovered it last week and it looks simple enough.

Nice looking Bimmer.

Welcome to the forums.

• Like 1