Sign in to follow this  
Gus

My Steed

my other ride

built this in between doing car stuff this week...frame cost $120 off trademe

nice n simple...single speed (46F, 21R), one brake....less to go wrong!

nice change from my GT Backwoods of 6 years or so

post-9-1137121535.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm bound to be...as I don't know that much about bikes), but with the only brake being the front one, won't you go flying over the handlebars when you apply it?

Cheers

Grant

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm bound to be...as I don't know that much about bikes), but with the only brake being the front one, won't you go flying over the handlebars when you apply it?

Cheers

Grant

[openning the door for inappropriate comments] Lean back and stick your a$$ out Grant. [/openning the door for inappropriate comments]

Hah single speed Deore styles! And are they clips?

Mint, are you going to put a non-rigid fork on it anytime soon?

@ Grant.

Its single speed so it should have a rear brake.

Edited by BMW POWER

Interesting steed there gus, going upqueen st won't be much fun I imagine!?!?!

No more hanging it out in traffic either, unless you endo it a little (use to love doing that on my FZR400) and then add a bit of Valentio Rossi action in there.

Cheers

Grant

[openning the door for inappropriate comments] Lean back and stick your a$$ out Grant. [/openning the door for inappropriate comments]
well.....

I certainly hope that is the only time you say that to me!!!

Cheers

Grant

well.....

I certainly hope that is the only time you say that to me!!!

ROFL.

Just don't drop the soap...

derailer for chain tension....as i dont have horizontal drop outs to tension the chain with i use a derailer...and it lets me run a variety of gearings (ill carry a few round).

grant: the front does 80% of the braking...same as a car....you dont go flying as long as you use it without monkey hands....could prob do with back brakes but would need to go disc...no V brake mounts..might so sometime

rigids are better for couriering......my susp fork steerer is too short due to the larger frame so doesnt fit...might do but im not fussed

should be fun! hmm traffic

What is this for? Road use? off road? circus?

Gus works as a cycle courier during the Uni holidays.

nice single speed, looks fast as man. i have a stp1 giant myself, dirt jumps n sh*t, used to work at an avanti shop but after having a giant dont think id go back

Edited by nz320i

hey Gus, real men don't need brakes... :finger:

everyone needs brakes... im sure your car has them...

pussy

Guest Spargo

Gus, i've got a package that needs to be taken from the viaduct to upper Queen St in 15 mins.

Gus, i've got a package that needs to be taken from the viaduct to upper Queen St in 15 mins.

pah...make it 5