Sign in to follow this  
speedyg

E30 engine mounts

Just noticed that one of my engine mounts has partially split. I guess it is a good idea to replaced both of these at the same time?

I got a price of $149+ for both mounts from BMW, does this sound about right or is there a cheaper place?

Also I presume that you undo the mounts, lift the engine slightly and slide the old ones out and the new ones in. Is it that simple? Or do you need to disconnect anything else to lift the engine?

I see Gus has urethane mounts does anyone else have these and what do they cost?

Any help appreciated.

Ireland Engineering

www.bmw2002.com

its under drivetrain not engine.

$35.00 US each + delivery. Is where I think Gus' gets his from.

Edited by E30stz

yeah its pretty straight forward...just jack engine up and whack new ones in..the motor mounts make it pretty bumpy....but its survivable...having said that i much prefer the rubber ones for normal cruising....but they cheaper and last longer...take car of it quick before they send the engine into your radiator

That's why I noticed the mount as the fan had just kissed the radiator

Thanks for the info, I think I might go for std ones.

$149+ for 2 bits of rubber :o

replacement ones are 7 quid each in the UK! (europarts)

But I need it fixed now and don't real want to drive it and stuff the radiator.

Thanks

Try Euro Italian in Albany - 094449817.

I got mine from there and they were $97 incl GST and freight. Say Graham from the Bay Of Islands referred you :thumb:

I just hooked a block and tackle to the hoisting point on top of the engine and lifted it enough to replace them. Piece of piss. Both of mine were totally shagged - only noticed because I regularly have a good look around the car and engine and happened to spot that the engine wasn't sitting right on one of the mounts.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

got some good 2nd hand ones $40pr.

021433600 or 2997389

Yeah - I would've too but I was on a time budget and couldn't wait a week or so for them to arrive from Ireland Eng. But if you can wait, go urethane - last longer.

Guest Andrew

Yeah - I would've too but I was on a time budget and couldn't wait a week or so for them to arrive from Ireland Eng. But if you can wait, go urethane - last longer.

on that note i had excellent serive from Ireland - took them 3 days from order to get my mounts and clutch here from the states.