Sign in to follow this  
senan

URGENT .. E46 Performance issue .. Fuel Related issue

Hi all.. I know allot have posted thread about fuel, and I know how to search them down, But I'm now posting this thread to get Ideas from the experienced people with this exact issue The issue I had is as below: I was Driving my 330CI 2001, waiting to get to a Petrol station with 98 Fuel, sadly it was too late and the car turned off, and the second sad part I had to try turn it on and drive it a little more just to get it out of the Motorway/Fastway to avoid causing traffic.. the car did turn on after a couple of tried and drove as sluggish as possible (yes i know its normal), got to the side of the road got some fuel in the car, got to a petrol station filled it with 98 (Full tank) car only said 550KM on the average range.. Usually says 650 to 680 KS.. thats the first issue i noticed, Second issue is that the car is still sluggish and slow, and is still hesitating, so when driving from stop it would take long to get it up to speed, it sounds to me like there is lots of dirt that has been lifted up from the tank to the lines or the filter or the pump... the car will not drive quickly from stop to 50ks even if you throttled all the way to the end.. If you do go full throttle it will be sluggish from 0-20 ks then go smooth Once you are driving on 50 ks It will drive nicely as long as you are not trying to go full throttle Once you do try to go full throttle from 30-40 ks or 50 it it will hesitate and also change gears in a funny way , I'm assuming the throttle body is trying to open up but fuel isn't enough ..(maybe) Just saying Add to that that it doesn't start straight when you turn the key, it takes some time (just about an extra 2 seconds of ignition) Now what I really want to get out of this, what will be the main cause, Lines, fuel filter , fuel rail , injectors , or pump, or relay??? what is it that will first get affected by the cause.. Thank you and i appreciate all your input..

Edited by senan

There should be a rule that is firmly administered about location of people being on their profile. We have on here guys like Glen who give so much of their time for free and the first thing they have to do is ask some stupid git who puts a smart arsed answer as to their locality on their profile where the hell they are. Come on admin make it a firm rule and give people 14 days to fix their profile.

Edited by FIAT 131R
  • Like 3

Also, if its urgent - take it to a garage to get it professionally checked, sounds like you are stabbing in the dark somewhat.

Hi all..

and thank you for the nice gesture, and good impression to the forum..

Its my first time here, I don't use forums, I just jumped online and joined for the first time.. I never knew it had to be specified up to that point, also I don't want to go to someone to get help on this, I'm doing this alone, and would like to learn. All I got is negative comments,

Thank you all for all the "support"

To do it yourself without help you will firstly need to go out and buy a professional scanner. Then get an apprenticeship in the automotive trade. Possibly after a couple of years you will then have the experience to use and read the scanner correctly and learn the repair procedures to carry out those repairs.. good luck

PS: I don't have any vacancies at work ATM, however I can help you with your problem if you would like to ring and make a booking.

I think you answered this yourself. Do this

first. Also consider carefully pulling out the fuel pump and strainer assembly (make sure tank is not full) and checking the strainer is not fouled. If it is then get your tank cleaned as you will have loosened the poo and will possibly happened again.

I'm not so sure it's fuel related by his explanation. The low fuel may just be a coincidence because he hadn't reached his normal fuel usage. I'd scan it first, then go chasing fuel pressure / flow

Hi all..

and thank you for the nice gesture, and good impression to the forum..

Its my first time here, I don't use forums, I just jumped online and joined for the first time.. I never knew it had to be specified up to that point, also I don't want to go to someone to get help on this, I'm doing this alone, and would like to learn. All I got is negative comments,

Thank you all for all the "support"

When things don't go to plan sometimes people point the finger at others. When you point the finger at others there are always three fingers pointing at you. Looking in the mirror often reveals where the problem lies.

When things don't go to plan sometimes people point the finger at others. When you point the finger at others there are always three fingers pointing at you. Looking in the mirror often reveals where the problem lies.

*makes pointing motion*

Holy crap, that is brilliant.