Sign in to follow this  
DocT

Newbie Info wanted...

Hey,

I'm new to the forum (my first post, yay). Anyway, does anyone know anything about the M325i forsale on trade me? Have been looing for a while for a M325i and have been in contact with the seller. It sounds tidy and worth looking at.I thought I might put the word out and see if anyone has any extra knowledge about this vehicle. The owner maybe a forum member, I dont know...so if you are no offence, just trying to get as much info as possible. I havnt done a VIR search or anything, I am just assuming at this point that the car is genuine and will investigate more later.

which one? there are two. One start bid is $4500, the other is asking $11,500.

Well that is a lot for a mtech 1.

You are getting into mtech 2 territory for that money.

I sell you my one for a lot less than $11,500!

If you bought that other one for $6k and spend $4k on it you would have a better car IMO.

Edited by m325i

Well that is a lot for a mtech 1.

You are getting into mtech 2 territory for that money.

I sell you my one for a lot less than $11,500!

If you bought that other one for $6k and spend $4k on it you would have a better car IMO.

I agree. I loooked at this one when looking at replacements for my wrecked E30, but would have only paid a lot less than this. Notwithstanding, that this looks to be a good car that looks in great condition, it is still over priced.

But hey, you never know he might get the price he wants for it.

Cheers

Grant

I am of the same opinion regarding the price. Perhaps a bit expensive but I thought I wouldnt comment on that before I have seen the car. what is the general consensus of the value of a M325i, M tec 1 and M tec 2 in a condition that is worth buying? (ie even compression, good gearbox, good diff, straight body, good paint, very little or no rust, all acessoroes working)

We'll you are asking that question because you g=have discovered the problem. There are hardly any out there. Which makes them hard to price for people buying or selling.

There may not be any for sales for 6 months then there are 5 around the next month.

$11,000 is heaps for an mtech 1. It would have to have been garaged all its life and have 25km on the clock for me to pay that.

Buy a standard 325i coupe, get a kit, LSD, wheels and a respray. ^_^

Yeah I hear ya. I was looking a couple of years ago and they were pretty thin on the ground, I looked at a few and they were not very good so gave up and bought another type of car. That car recently got stolen so I am again on the hunt. Prices I have seen vary so much that it is hard to establish what is what. Condition generally seems to be pretty average regardless of the price (not saying that there arent a few gems out there). Not having owned a bmw before I dont want to get ripped off and this forum is the only place to get a clue.

Hi there, I'm the owner of the aforementioned M325i advertised on trade me.

The reason for the relatively high asking price is the condition and originality of the car (compared to others for sale) and the work that has been done on it (alot $$$). Between 150-180 Miles the M20 motor is getting pretty close to needing a head overhaul. This has already been done. At this age rust can also become an issue, especially around the rear wheel arches. again, in this case that has been seen to. those 2 jobs alone cost around $2500 each to be done properly. It has also had the clucth replaced among other things. As for whether it is genuine, it is a U.K spec 325iSport (same as an NZ 325iMotorsport), I spent almost a year looking for one I was happy with 5 years ago. Best way to check is look at the diff, and make sure it has a black headlining. Building a convincing fake would probably be more expensive than buying a real one anyway. Finding a manual 325I is hard enough. And oh yeah, $11,500 is the ASKING price

buy that before someone else does ! DO IT ! ... NOW !

Looks nice, but "original BMW 15" alloys"? Unless they are swapping them before sale...

EDIT: Is it me, or does the paper stuck in the window of the white car say "For Sale, $17,000"? Ouch.

Edited by Nic325i

Guest Andrew

Hi there, I'm the owner of the aforementioned M325i advertised on trade me.

The reason for the relatively high asking price is the condition and originality of the car (compared to others for sale) and the work that has been done on it (alot $$$). Between 150-180 Miles the M20 motor is getting pretty close to needing a head overhaul. This has already been done. At this age rust can also become an issue, especially around the rear wheel arches. again, in this case that has been seen to. those 2 jobs alone cost around $2500 each to be done properly. It has also had the clucth replaced among other things. As for whether it is genuine, it is a U.K spec 325iSport (same as an NZ 325iMotorsport), I spent almost a year looking for one I was happy with 5 years ago. Best way to check is look at the diff, and make sure it has a black headlining. Building a convincing fake would probably be more expensive than buying a real one anyway. Finding a manual 325I is hard enough. And oh yeah, $11,500 is the ASKING price

dunno who screwed you 2 and a half grand for an m20 head job - you can buy a new one for that.

likewise on the rust.

Those repair items hardly add value to the car.

It IS cheaper to bolt a diff and bodykit to a normal 325 - and bingo you have the same thing. You could very nearly build a new e30 for 11g

Guest Spargo

White car: The alloys are a rare factory option. I know this cars' history, and a couple of the previous owners. It needs alot of little things to make it mint, but its a really decent genuine car. Snap it up.

f**k, i need that white one.

I was looking at a 2005 autotrader in the waiting room, and it had an mtech II asking $22k. Thats when i remembered why i got an mtech I.

The white one on trade me is FUKIN mean

it was offered for sale on trade me for $10000.00 as it didnt reach reserve.

Caveat emptor. Also, it is best to ask a price, and negotiate. Just need to make the supply and demand curve meet and one has a sale. Might be time to revist the hold Sport v. Motorsport v. after-market Motorsport thing though - to me, that is what a buyer needs to beware about.

I know a nice Sport with a 2.8ltr in it!

Also know of a nice M3 for sale!

Guest Spargo

Might be time to revist the hold Sport v. Motorsport v. after-market Motorsport thing though

Don't <_<