Sign in to follow this  
twiggles94

Help! Removing Wiper Arms on E39.

So I've finally gotten around to replacing my windshield cowl, after attending to a lot of other less important but more rewarding stuff hehe. The problem I'm having is pulling the wiper arms off once it's been unbolted.

Does anyone around Auckland have the right puller for the job I could borrow for like 10 minutes. WIll buy a box of beers/ciggs/chicken. Or if anyone can help get it off that would be even better. I've bought a gear puller but the claws are too fat to get under the top side of the wiper arm. I've also tried soaking it in CLP and heating it up with the heat gun but to no avail.

Has anyone successfully removed their wipers? How did you go about it? Thanks.

Haven't removed them from an E39 nor looked at them, but presumably they are just a simple pivot as any other.

If so - loosen the nut, grab the arm & pull/push it up & down to dislodge from the spline. Has always worked for me

I used a long screwdriver against a spanner and leveraged mine up on the E38, almost the same. Wasn't easy though. Certainly a puller tool would be easier but I got it done. Same job, cowl replacement

If it's anything like the E46, wiggle it enough and it'll eventually dislodge.