Sign in to follow this  
bevand

newby here

Hi, ​just got the wife another car so got the old E46 318i with M sport suspension etc, beautiful car to drive but as we all know a bit lacking on power. So not many have turbo'd these and I'm not concrned with the nay sayers either, having turbo'd an old EF falcon making easy 300+kw I'd lik a new project to track day maybe time attack in the street class, see what happens already got another engine to build while I run around anyway. Also after some advice on the software for diagnosis and making some changes, would like to get maybe INPA or something similar just need to know for sure wndows 10 will work or what else I can get. cheers will update later when some progress is made

What year is the 318?

If its a later model it will have the n42 or n46 motor which will bleed your wallet dry and then grenade anyway just for the hell of it.

If it is an older model it will have the m43 motor which is fine.

INPA & DIS both work on Win 10 x86/x64. The ADS interface (if you need it) also works on Win 10 but only 32bit (x86).

I was google search on how to run XP through 10. I have found it.

http://obd365.over-blog.com/2016/04/set-up-bmw-inpa-on-windows-10.html

Thanks heaps, I knew this place would have some people who would know where the info is

I'd suggest a larger engine as well as your turbo work!

some people want to be different and I think there are some pluses using the M43 especially on track I guess we'll see

What year is the 318?

If its a later model it will have the n42 or n46 motor which will bleed your wallet dry and then grenade anyway just for the hell of it.

If it is an older model it will have the m43 motor which is fine.

It's definately the M43, should go OK with turbo

INPA & DIS both work on Win 10 x86/x64. The ADS interface (if you need it) also works on Win 10 but only 32bit (x86).

Awesome info, cheers

Just picked up another M43 today, so hope to get into it as soon as we move into our house middle of next month, looks good sitting on engin stand. Will put up build thread with all info and parts used in it. With being a mechanic (I dont work on these bmw's I tend to work on engines round 6 x bigger, apart from my own projects) I hope to have a little knowledge on how to build an engine etc, hope someone enjoys the read