Sign in to follow this  
Jazzbass

Steering Wheel hand positions

When I was learning to drive, my Dad was firm on the old 10 and 2 hand positions on the steering wheel.

All the BMWs I've owned have had the four spoke wheel, which looks as though it was derived from a aeroplane wheel (like a Cessna 172, but with a top and bottom piece to complete the circle).

Posted Image

I wondered whether driving holding the wheel by the 9 and 3 positions would work for everyday driving (sort of like the Cessna wheel)? It feels uncomfortable to me, but since most of you are a few generations removed from me, I wondered what is usual to you?

I have, of course, driven by holding on with just a finger or two at 6 when cruising, but that's rather unsafe and not to be recommended.

10 and 2 was old days before power steering air bags

My momo type wheel has a grip setup that's in between those two and it feels fantastic, works on the track too, don't need to shift hands much

my mtech two wheel has a horizontal spoke with grips just above that.So i guess i am just above 9 and 3,when i am in cruise mode quite often i have only a thumb and forefinger at six....but thats a habit i am trying to get out of

I reckon both 10-2 and 9-3 are fine. Maybe 10-2 works a little better on a track as you don't need to switch hands as much. 9-3 work well on road for me.

right hand at 2

left hand on crotch

right hand at 2

left hand on crotch

and get yo gangsta lean on

left on 12 and the other ARM as far out the car as physically pissible...and remain inside the vehicle..

pulling a permanent WEST

TOiGHT!!!

seriously...right hand on 3 and left hand on the bare thigh of the lady in the passenger seat (jah-bless the miniskirt!!)

Aha, now we know what sort of music Damian sings - he's a Michael Jackson clone!! :lol:

i love you..

HE HE!!!

Actually that explains a few things....the skin...and the good Hyungs - just like dancing....your front kicking and moonwalking out of there

ahahah ... classic

:P

SCHaMoNNNN...heeee hooooooo

Actually that explains a few things....the skin...and the good Hyungs - just like dancing....your front kicking and moonwalking out of there

ahahah ... classic

:P

SCHaMoNNNN...heeee hooooooo

my cover is blown...

"billy jean! HO!"

oh no thats just ignorant..your being ignorant

he just loves all the ladies..no matter if theyre blonde, brunette, big titties, shaven,rich,....and if theyre none of those things theres plenty of other love in the world for them......

whos bad.....