Sign in to follow this  
5speedbeam

WTB E36 (preferably working) 11 button OBC

I'm looking for a (preferably working) 11 button OBC, mine is long gone, not wanting to spend millions like everyone wants for them. Let me know, Cheers.

I got an 18 button one from Pick-A-Part for $11 I think. If one is close it may pay to check that out?

Agreed, people expect stupid money and don't want to provide a warranty. Crazy.

I got an 18 button one from Pick-A-Part for $11 I think. If one is close it may pay to check that out?

Agreed, people expect stupid money and don't want to provide a warranty. Crazy.

hard thing to give a warranty on, there are a lot of connections on it, any one of which could have failed, let alone the retrofit kits

hard thing to give a warranty on, there are a lot of connections on it, any one of which could have failed, let alone the retrofit kits

No its very easy to provide a warranty and if you're marking something up 500% then you should.

If it doesn't work you get your money back is very easy. If it breaks within three months you get your money back is very easy.

8f you're marking something up you need to provide commensurate value add. Anything less is unscrupulous.

i don't offer any warranty on electrical parts as they are 20+ years old now and possible to die at any point. if you had just spent $100 on a new unit to find your temp sender doesn't work and the brake light switch is faulty etc all very easy to make up a story.

I only offer warranty on mechanical parts including engines when installed by a professional.

Again, very easy for someone that doesn't know what they are doing to bolt terminals back to front, or install a part wrong, to come back with a claim. Not to say professionals can't do that, but less likely.

If you're charging a 500% markup then you should be offering a warranty Andy. That type of margin easily covers time to remove, clean and test as well as any potential return costs.

An $11 part simply isn't worth $60+ unless it comes with a bulletproof warranty.

• Like 2