Sign in to follow this  
timbmw

2007 JAP E90 335i software update for Engine Fault

Hi all,

Engine Fault is near constantly coming on, with reduced power.

Serviced by an experienced BMW tech today who did the diagnostic scan which indicated a knock sensor alert (already knew that), which triggers a boost pressure condition.

He tried to do a software update as recommended by the diagnostics app to fix it,  but it was unable to continue it as it was complaining about missing or un-identified control units.
And that's where he got stuck. 

Tech doesn't think there is an actual hardware fault.

The previous owner had some updates done by Auto Gravity on Dominion Road to convert computer to english and update Radio and Hands free I think.
http://www.autogravity.co.nz/shop/Vehicle+Manufacturer/BMW/3er/3er+-+E90E91E92E932005+-+2012.html

Who's the right+well priced person to see about getting this resolved.

Alternatively any recommendations in Auckland for a comprehensive update/remap to resolve this and boost power/performance?

Cheers,

Tim

Talk to Ross @ BM Workshop Botany (09) 2716636 or Guido @ BM Workshop Grey Lynn (09) 3761236

• Like 1

Thanks Glenn.  Funnily I rang BM Workshop to arrange a service and they had a 3 week wait so went elsewhere..

Out of interest is this something even BM Worx may be challenged by?

Read of a similar situation a while back but unfortunately I can't remember where. Anyway the upshot was that the only fix was an actual BMW dealer uploading the correct software. Now I am not saying that the software that independents have won't work, just that for this 335i two independent workshops (USA) couldn't eliminate the fault code. 

I make software, so discovering my car can also have software conflicts that may be painful to resolve is amusing and annoying.