Sign in to follow this  
nath

323i

arent they those seats that nobody here has? ie. recaro ones?

323i

I cant remember that well even though I've been in it, but they arent in very good condition any they're not leather.

hm that sucks then, most are tan leather or vinyl arent they

are they real recaros? i dont know much about 5 series seats but this thread is about very rare real recaro seats in a bmw, not sport recaro STYLE

are they real recaros? i dont know much about 5 series seats but this thread is about very rare real recaro seats in a bmw, not sport recaro STYLE

Are you talking about seats with Recaro labels or seats made by Recaro.

Recaro build seats for many applications including aircraft and cars, thats why there are such a huge name in seating. You will find that only a small proportion of these seats are actually openly labelled Recaro.

I havent pulled my seats apart to find a manufacturers sticker but I think what you call "Recaro Style", will be in fact Recaro manufactured seats, after all, I'm sure Recaro will have a copyright on their design, and a large corporate like BMW wouldnt be stupid enough to do a copy, and potentially end up in court.

Heres a couple of pics of them they definitely will need a recover as you can see,would be good for some one changing their interior and wanted to get their seats recovered any way.

post-2-1138909434.jpg

The genuine Recaros only came on the M3 I thought (at least for the E30s anyway). Then there are sports seats which are similar to the recaros. I'm sure last year I confirmed this by checking the BMW EPC.

Those ones above maybe look like real recaros because of the back piece. Like someone said above, you can easily find out by looking at the bottom of the seats. The Recaro logo should be there for all to see.

i've got a black leather set...somewhere lying around....:D

Guest Spargo

The only Recaro seats that came in E30's are the ones pictured above with the massive headrests.

Every single other E30 sport seat is a copy of the recaro design, made by BMW, as Recaro couldn't meet the demand. End of story.

The M3 seats differ due to horozontal stitching, rather than vertical.

Edited by CiLK WuRM

The only Recaro seats that came in E30's are the ones pictured above with the massive headrests.

Every single other E30 sport seat is a copy of the recaro design, made by BMW, as Recaro couldn't meet the demand. End of story.

The M3 seats differ due to horozontal stitching, rather than vertical.

thankyou sam :ph34r: :mosh: