Sign in to follow this  
BMWX5UK

Bluetooth iPhone and Play/Pause

Hi,

I have a 2016 Connected Drive professional setup in a F31, it pairs my iPhone 5S (ios 10) all fine, and I can play audio either connected via USB, or over Bluetooth.

HOWEVER.. I can only start playback by pressing play on the music app on the iPhone itself, seems theres no button or way you can initiate or pause playback from the car itself, have tried the toggle wheel on the steering wheel, and anything else I can press.

Is it true that you can only start playback directly from the phone?

Do you have the phone in a proper media adapter? Sounds like you have a setup problem as mine works fine in an F10.

1 minute ago, Haitoman said:

Do you have the phone in a proper media adapter? Sounds like you have a setup problem as mine works fine in an F10.

It doesn't have a media adapter, just a USB plug, unless i missed something, only had the car a couple of days. Under the arm rest there isn't any phone thing like in my X5.

Media adapter would be under the armrest right?

Snap-in adaptor goes in the arm rest, yes. Might not have been optioned in your car if it's an import.

Play back should start as soon as you choose your phone as the music source from the iDrive.

Seems its an iOS 10 & BMW Connected Drive problem.. according to google.

Everything else works fine, just have to initiate play from the phone, Spotify starts automatically.

Someone at some stage will issue an update I hope, Ill just copy all my music to the HDD in the mean time,

You can update the bluetooth software yourself with a USB drive, if there is an update available of course

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/connected_drive_services/mobile_devices/bluetooth_software_update.html

Can also see what features are compatible with your phone and car. 

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

You can update the bluetooth software yourself with a USB drive, if there is an update available of course

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/connected_drive_services/mobile_devices/bluetooth_software_update.html

Can also see what features are compatible with your phone and car. 

Thanks, yes already gave that a go, says all up to date. Guess ill just have to wait till either apple or bmw fix it, seems a lot have logged it with both bmw and apple.

And in case anyone else has this issue.. after googling and I don't know why I didn't think of this.

Hard reboot of my iPhone fixed the issued, can control it via Bluetooth just fine now.

Thanks!

Was always going to be something like that...at least it is working now.