Sign in to follow this  
ducatiss

Headlight Guards for e30

Im looking for some healdight guards for my e30 after replacing the lowbeam the other day. Do the dealers sell them or is their a better place to go. I have had a look on the usual places on the net and have only found one pair that I didnt like the look of much. As always, all help appreciated.

Have seen a few around, none that look good though.

You could get one made up for a few dollars with a piece of acrylic and a heat gun to bend the edges to attach it to the car?

I got some thought the BMW dealership a while back , it was a single unit for each side , didn't look that great , but after loosing a few headlights to stones I brought a pair, they eventual cracked , but the headlight wasn't damaged .(cheaper than headlights). Some of the car accesory shops have a round version which sticks to the lens , however , you really want ones that can easily be removed for cleaning.

Hi

One of the glass places (maybe Novus), has a 3M product that adheres to your headlights and protects them. It is kind of like thick "coverseal" like you used to put on your scheel exercise books (but maybe about 2 - 3mm thick).

You didn't even know it was on there.

In 6 1/2 years of owning my E30, I never had a headlight break, and even in my accident, the headlights (with the exception of the one that took the immediate impact) came through unscathed.

It was pretty cheap I think, and at the time I paid circa $80, for all 4 headlights and 2 fogs to be covered.

Cheers

Grant

Thanks guys, sounds good. Might investigate the sticky stuff from repco. Does anyone have a pic of their e30 with the BMW ones on?

Sorry , I don't have a pic here in london. One thing about the BMW ones is that they cover the area behind the grill where the cold air intake is. I'm not sure how much air they block , but they certainly wouldn't help. The are similar to the ones here , they are probably slightly wide and higher.

http://www.autotechnic.net/store/asp/prodt...type=33&recor=6