Sign in to follow this  
Gus

E30 Restoration Bible

has anyone got this? had a read in Tech Books in Newmarket today and was quite impressed, a lot of sensible advice on tuning and maintenance....not cheap ($80) so if anyone has a copy i would love to have a read

I've been shown it/recomended it by 3 diff friends. Had a flip through - agreed it looks good, but not cheap as you say. Lots of really good technical info not in the bentley.

have read most of it in the shop haha....would really recommend for someone who doesnt know a lot about e30s and wants to restore/mod one

Techbooks in Newmarket does....not many other ones do. its on Broadway, >#200

Went there, lost intrest and went to Magazino insted and got the Dog and Lemon guide, got really good info in it, a small quote from the bits talking about E30's "Avoid like the plague" :lol:

Just purchased from Capital Books in Wellington, was $65, so $80 is a bit much?

Good book, already saved me the purchase price in current projects.

Good book. Lists all oddball part/model variations, like 3 different spec 325is's, Aust & NZ only injection systems. Explains why some little cars (316-318) have mid size diffs and some 320 have small ones. How to I.D. the vast aray of g/boxes. Gives details on the 7 different factory sway bar options, 2.7, 2.8 and 3L m20 build, E36 rack swap, lots of good sh*t.