Sign in to follow this  
bravo

e30 dogleg box

It's Rob from Bavarian Motors box....still in the 323. apparently really good, as has better ratios and 1:1 top gear and you dont lose too much top speed unlike changing diff. and that is ballpark price....all the targa guys are after em

I have an old copy of "Motor UND Sport" a German magazine that has a road test on four E21's, two 320i's, one with the overdrive box and one with close ratio, and two 323i's again one with the overdrive box and one with the close ratio part. Interestingly, the 323i was SLOWER through the gears with the close ratio box, while the 320i was FASTER (than with the overdrive box) Which only proves, that a close ratio box must be matched to the power delivery characteristics of the engine, or else you may end up spending a bunch of money to go slower. And as for the asking price of the gearbox on TM, well, I think the seller is being VERY optimistic on his asking price!

a 323i box and a 318i automatic diff together makes i similar ratio, and theres no way it worth 3500$, you would be better buying the diff and geting it rebuilt to lsd and use a 323i gearbox along with it...

Any one want a 323i gear box i have one for sale.. but its missing gear stick leaver and gear stick link.