Sign in to follow this  
smithy

strut brace for e30

im looking at making up a few strut braces pic below is the start of one how many people want to buy one wont be abill to sell untill i got sum made up i can do a front and rear combo if any one wants.

>price<

>front =$350- $400 cant comferm price untill i have finshed making one just need to know how much for custom made nuts.

>rear =$200? haveent made that yeat but looks ez .

post-11-1141607505.jpg

I would be interested, but those prices seem rather high?

well see how much it cost me first then ill fix a price but even at $400 is not to bad coz the resion im making them is that to buy a genuen ac schnitzer bar in nz is $1000 brand new now that is high.

Higher price yes, but your looking at a company thats been around for 20+ years ? with that much experience, marketing and design put into it ... you shouldnt expect they charge the same price.

Otherones are so simple, that looks like it'd way close to double the weight of the schnitzer one.

Edited by E30stz

Higher price yes, but your looking at a company thats been around for 20+ years ? with that much experience, marketing and design put into it ... you shouldnt expect they charge the same price.

Otherones are so simple, that looks like it'd way close to double the weight of the schnitzer one.

are schnitzer ones made from steal? and this wont be hever than 8kg once finished hears a photo of a hartge one this is similer to what im making

post-11-1141610717.jpg

Edited by smithy

ummm auto passion in chch said if he was getting e30 ones they would be around 250...

it might just be the angle but it looks to me like that brace is not going to work!

your trying to remove flex from your car but with the brace going up like you have it from the top of the strut it wont "stiffen" anything.

do a search on "strut brace" on yahoo image search you will find that most if not all try to keep the bar as low as possible. if you need more height in it come down on an angle it will work better

good luck.

post-11-1141623728.jpg

yea the bar is way to high dosint even clear the bonit im just wating for the mounting plats then will cut it down also there will be 2 bars dubbil strong so dont worry it will work

a sparco copy from www.bmw2002.com ends up being around 500 landed here...cheap jappa generics cost about 200 from a shop in town

a sparco copy from www.bmw2002.com ends up being around 500 landed here...cheap jappa generics cost about 200 from a shop in town

what shop in town is this? ^_^

some asian shop....109 Cook St. Next to Auckland Panel and Paint

some asian shop....109 Cook St. Next to Auckland Panel and Paint

sold!

next?.