Sign in to follow this  
isis

323i exhaust

didn't want to continue on the for sale thread.

thought i'd start a new one.

i've got a 323i and its got a single piping through.

same engine as a 325i but that has dual piping..

wondering if i could maybe buy the whole system off a wrecker and installed it on to mine?

dunt think they'd be much performance gains, just want that bassy note..

ideas?

cheers

I heard that you can try 328 or even M3 exhaust (if you can find one), just need to plug the hole where the extra O2 sensor goes. (323i only have 2 sensors where the others have 4)

I have never seen a dyno sheet for any of these claims, but I have no doubt that you will get a bit for the top end, whether you lose anything at lower rev I am not sure.

well seems someone deleted my post...

but to do that would really be a waste of money, for the some money you can do a custom exhaust with a sports muffler on the end. Will free it up a bit.

Edited by bmwsparkle

well custom exhaust systems are not cheap...plus being an auto, its an absolutely waste of money in my opinion. i just want that nice M50 note...thought the swapping would be the most cost effective.

i disagree, a custom exhaust would probably work out cheaper, and if u wanted u could just change the back muffler for the tone, exhaust would be less restrictive as well.. although not a huge difference.

Edited by bmwsparkle

i have a few exhaust systems , from e30 320i , one of them is after market , also some from 91 320i e36 and 94 318ti , 98 z3 etc