Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

New pics

Saw your car in town on Friday night, parked across from Mickey Finns.. Looking good - looking very... Shiny B)

Saw your car in town on Friday night, parked across from Mickey Finns.. Looking good - looking very... Shiny B)

Cheers james! and sorry i never got in touch 4 ya 2 pick the wheels up i wasnt home old man said you picked them up, totally forgot ... !

wouldnt 15mm at the back or front?? be massive?? scrap gaurds? its already certed thats why im not keen dont want to fork out more cash when i could spend it on my suspension grr <_<

wouldnt 15mm at the back or front?? be massive?? scrap gaurds? its already certed thats why im not keen dont want to fork out more cash when i could spend it on my suspension grr <_<

Hindsight & Forward planning, great things.

I had et28 16x7's with 225/45's there was heaps of clearance.

If you have:

17x7 et40 & 15mm spacers they become the same as et25 wheels.

And yes front and back!!

Easy why to check the max thickness is to measure from the tyre to the inside of the guard lip (which you can roll for more clearance).

In your pic earlier it looks like there is ~40mm on the rear.

ahh i see..so your meaning the clearance from the inner gaurd (where the shock is) to the inside of the tyre wheel etc..?

Might see if i can get through my next wof withour certing the ones now and do it in a few months cert that is

Wow cheers guys!

Im on the lookout for red tint spray to do the tail lights with, maybe a panel beater will know?

The car is how i like it now, and im saving for suspension stuff now as it needs new shocks or shortened ones, and some better springs.

Also how much is a trailing arm bush (nolathane one?) aparently it is worth doing, i also have a rear sway bar which i need all the links for if anyone has some lying round.

Thanks

Bunnings has "stained glass" spray cans... the paint is kinda like a coloured tint.

Might pay to buy an can and try it out on some clear plastic / old indicators...

....if it doesn't work you can always sniff the can....

ahh i see..so your meaning the clearance from the inner gaurd (where the shock is) to the inside of the tyre wheel etc..?

Might see if i can get through my next wof withour certing the ones now and do it in a few months cert that is

No.

Doing it that way will determine the Min. thickness to clear the suspension/brakes etc...

But will still look ghey.

Refer pic.

Measure this to determine the Max. thickness you can use before the wheel/tyre rubs the arch.

Looks heaps better and the wheel track & scrub radius will be closer to stock for better handling than it is now.

Also if you use a thin spacer they may not be hubcentric (very important), the likes of the 15mm H&R spacers come with the longer wheel bolts and the spacers are hubcentric to the hub and wheel.

where do you buy H&R spacers are they expensive? thanks for the help

Edited by nz320i

If anyone has the stock front lip ive been after one for a year now!!!! cant find one anywhere!!

you can get one from team mc millan bmw in new market for $190 + gst if that helps. did you spray your grill and kidneys yourself? what colour black is it ? satin?

cheers mate, yes sanded it then primered then satin black.