Sign in to follow this  
318is

Need a bigger boat

Hah what a wicked Saturday morning. Went fishin in the kayak and came back with a hard case story, a new mate and lots of laughs looking back at the situation.

I will just post a link as there are some big pictures. Not really modem friendly, but by the time you finish reading my little story, the pics should be up.

Enjoy - I know I did ( after the adrenalin wore off ! )

http://homepages.woosh.co.nz/kiwif/snapper.htm

Badass fish! Got a few Kahawai myself yesterday - really bloody big buggers, but only "keyring" sanpper.

Sounds like an awesome adventure.

Bay of Islands. No "favourite spot" all over that area depending on where I think the fish are.

I don't own a boat but Dad has a "bigger boat" that I use more or less at will (provided he hasn't planned to use it).

Not a huge fisherman, but I like to catch a feed whenever i'm out. Kahawai is good but if you don't bleed them properly they are a very red fish.

Yeah might send to a few fish mags. I'm not really into fishing like alot of people are. Just a 'part timer' and very new to it. Keen as to play more on the water thou.

Glad to see your carrying a personal flotation device in your kayak too.

:thumb:

Wouldn't go out even just kayaking without the PFD. The only thing I haven't got is a Net to land the biggies and a Gaf. Just haul them in by hand.

I've made paddle leashes, anchor leashes, carry rope. Hell, in rough weather I lease myself to the boat. Being so calm on Saturday, I wasnt leahed to the boat. By god it would of made me feel alot more secure haha

Oh my god.

Best fishing story ever. DEFINITELY submit it, thats complete.. LOL.

Biiiig fish!

Doooo it!

Almost as big as my pearch that I caught when I was 7 - Back in 1998! :P