Sign in to follow this  
danutt

It BROKE please help...

need someone with the parts for a conversion and il buy it from them il even pick it up and pay cash just would really like it manual but im gonna take it apart this weekend and replace the torque converter with a friends one and see if its that is there a way i can tell the converter is damaged wen i take it out??/pics???

gonna havta go with a replacement box il put in myself becasue it looks like alot of time and muni to go manual so swap the gearbox and gonna spend the moni on sum nice wheels and tints cars already been lowered and finish my sounds will post pics wen done thanx for all the help and advice :mosh:

you guys rock :mosh:

p.s im not 16 im 20 lol box handled well i reckon under the circumstances and the beating it recieved

hence the broken gearbox it lasted six munths of shifting manual i doubt ne gearbox from a jap car woulda lasted that long :ph34r:

grr

why spend xxx on a new auto box, instead of putting the $$ towards a manual swap? its just wasted money if you decided to 5 spd later...and if you feel confidant doing the auto replacement yourself, you should be fine doing the manual swap..its really not that hard if you have ALL the bits

your call

if i go manual im gonna loose the little bit of points i have left to keep my license im just gonna replace the box i can get one in good working order not too expensive and put it in the bimmer is going to be a cruiser from now on :(

sucks but the cops are everywhere just gonna make it look really nice has ne1 got rims for sale or skirts and lips etc even an amp i ned one for my JBL 12"250watt rms maybe even a dvd player has crossed my mind????

firstly - Not that it really matters but pretty disappointed, by the looks of it this will be the only practical time you would really consider looking at putting a manual box it because your taking it all out anyway(dont worry you'll have another shot in 6months). I never realised there were so many excuses not to go manual lol. If you think the cops are gonna pwn you just think.. they'll love you more lowered on chrome mags.

putting in another auto isnt necessarly ognna fix the problem, its just gonna doctor it, its a general fact that the auto boxes last generally around 150(175?),000km's before you need to start looking at reconditioning them before they pwn you. Your better off reconditioning or sticking in a manual gearbox because your probably gonna burn out this one too in around the given time frame you pwned hte other one (what 6months) ? this will end up saving you money with the way your currently driving not to mention the savings on gas as they are quite a bit more economical in manual i would have thought.

Your itching for more performance with your chips thread and performance gains thread, your've got the opportunatey sitting right here in front of you ... take your opportunatys or be stuck with the sluggish 318 auto performance forever lol.

Hope you didnt take any offense by this post (just slightly frustrated by your decision .. ahh well).

Edited by E30stz

nah i didnt take offence im still deciding really but yea goin manual is alot of work and yea i can get an auto really cheap il do a manual once the cars actualy complete coz im looking at keeping it and i desperatly need it back on the road asap so il finish the sounds nother 500 or so and tints then nice wheels in the mean time il organise a manual or a 2.5 and box and do it then but till then gotta stick wit da auto 1.8 if im gonna go manual im gonna go bigger engine too thanx :mosh:

will post pics wen the box is back in and will post more pics on sound install and mags tints etc excited! :drunk:

We shall continue this arguement in 6 months. Wonder how many boxes it gonna take to change your mind.

You say you have very few demerit points left? How is a manual gunna change anything, if you are down to the bone in an auto you will more than likely get pwnd by the cops anyway, at least get a manual and go out in style :P btw i have an amp you can buy B)

Im sorry mate, but you're 20 years old? f*cken hell...

Definatly go manual box, I did, best thing ever, plus m10 manual conversions are even cheaper than m20 ones as it seems. You will notice a huge difference and will be able to go better than a 320i if you're a good enough driver.