Sign in to follow this  
Jammasterjames

Strange dash symbol

'Sup Everyone.

Yesterday a strange symbol appeared on my dash....

There's a crude drawing below. I checked all the lights -all good. And the car's just been serviced a week ago. Temperature is normal, power seems the same.

Does anybody know what the light means?

Is it a dead spark plug?

post-6-1143544338.jpg

worn brake pads or sensor is faulty .

it means your shits ruined.

the symbol represents a camp fire.. telling you to burn the vehicle, and have friends watch in a circle around it.

who serviced the car ? ( mental note: don't go there )

:huh:

Why? Just because a sensor decided to sh*t its pants (so common on the brake wear sensor) you won't go to that mechanic?

Check yourpad wear (you can do it by just removing the wheel and having a look through the inspection hole in the caliper - if pads have less than 1.5mm to go they should be replaced (according to the gospel of Bentley from memory).

If they all look fine it's a faulty sensor - remove the bulb and remember to check the pads every time it's serviced.

the symbol represents a camp fire.. telling you to burn the vehicle, and have friends watch in a circle around it.

God damn hippies....

Thanks guys, will get new pads.

I get serviced at AA, you know they have the platinum, gold, silver, bronze and ghetto type services. Turns out quite cheap if you go bronze, but they miss some checks (like checking the brakes). Don't go for the ghetto service.... all you get is some bum with a squeedgie and a dirty bucket of water wiping the windshield down.

Haha. Reading this reply was possibly the high point of my evening.. sad huh?

Haha. Reading this reply was possibly the high point of my evening..
badass

Turns out my brake sensor was broken.... the wire was cut up.....prolly the East side Massive trying to pull a 187 on yours trizzle...