Sign in to follow this  
smithy

e30 325i and $4000-$5000 to spend on engine

if you are doing a re build, try get hold of 2.7 stuff..follow instructions in the performance section (sticky subject) and using your old bits plus some new stuff..you should have 210 hp...alternatively rebuild the head (as thats prob where the main prob is, bottom ends are pretty bullet proof) and save the rest of the $$ for a link and turbo project.

the 2.7 rebuild that method really only makes sense if you are doing a rebuild anyway

im looking into a 2.7 build at barveren motors thay priced $4000 for a rebuild 2.7 dose any one know any wear beter than barverin to do this? and it should be a littel more than 210bhp coz i got cold air intake modafied muffler sistim and costum made extractors

thats not a bad price at all...how would they do it? probably using my old bits..

cold air/muffler wont make a huge difference..prob 5-10hp

the headers will make it more peaky, but less torqeuy..def more power but debateable whether its faster or not..but its up to you.

but yeah ask how they would go about building it..there several different ways to build it

thats not a bad price at all...how would they do it? probably using my old bits..

cold air/muffler wont make a huge difference..prob 5-10hp

the headers will make it more peaky, but less torqeuy..def more power but debateable whether its faster or not..but its up to you.

but yeah ask how they would go about building it..there several different ways to build it

have u had extractors befor coz u say debatabil if its farster or not my set made it way more farster and grunty and can rev way ezer

yes i have..i wouldnt go around saying sh*t if i didnt...

and seeing a really nice set having the same case....but i know there are some out there that Do make a difference

you got pics of yours?

somewhere in the for sale section...

they look fairly decent...the primaries(?) are quite long, you cant even see the collectors

im gonna try the stock manifold, and also try heat wrapping the headers i have (in an effort to keep heat up, and gas speed high). dunno if it will work, but keeps me out of trouble

headers will increase hp and torque.

only by about 15hp and 50nm average. Power curve will be smoother aswell.

if your going to take apart the engine, try balancing the engine?

do crank, pistons,flywheel etc. If your going to keep it n/a. your engine will love you.

You will diff not get anywhere near 15hp and 50nm of torque from extractors alone on a 325i.

Maby 8/10hp and 20nm if your lucky.

Ive seen alot of dyno tests etc on various 325i. it does make em sound great tho :D

Edited by drifty325i