Sign in to follow this  
sr20det-bmw

Sr20det e30 BMW

1986 E30 BMW

DriveLine -

Sr20det 2L Turbo

Gearbox - S13 sr20det Turbo Gearbox 5spd

Driveshaft - Custom Driveshaft ( Balanced )

E30 Bmw Radiator and electric fan

Polished extractors

Custom Inlet Manifold

Garret t28 Turbo

Intercooler with 2/5inch piping

Oil Catch Tank ( Polished )

Power Steering Reservoir ( Polished )

Things to come -

Bmw motorsport LSD

Link Computer and all wiring Done

External Wastegate

Blowoff Valve

Heavy Duty Clutch

Fuel Pump

Bigger injectors

Exterior -

Fresh Panel and Paint - Metalic Silver

Motorsport Body kit - all round

Lowered - Compressed superlows in the rear with kings in the front

17inch Mags

Interior -

Steering Wheel

Bucket Seats

Things to come -

All interior will be gettn retrimmed with dash aswell

Will Get Pictures of My project up as soon as possible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/rol...BMW-pics006.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/rol...BMW-pics002.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/rollas22/000_0093.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a108/rollas22/000_0098.jpg

Edited by sr20det-bmw

DIM A DOZEN THESE SR20 E30's.

No mention of brake upgrades on the list (hope you plan to do something with the master cyl. reservior, melty melt)

Compressed super lows = gheyness.

Suprise's me that people put some much effort into doing a car and then flake out on the important stuff, brakes and suspension.

Any more pics??

Suprise's me that people put some much effort into doing a car and then flake out on the important stuff, brakes and suspension.

exactly what I thought.

heh, happens even in the magazine cover cars.... sucks coz it doesn't have to cost a lot to do such things......

Tell me about it, a certain EK civic (w/H22a) won "best brakes" at the autosalon a couple of years ago, with stock rear drums still on it!!

Last year Falgoon's WRX won the same prize with some SL6 wilwoods up front, on STOCK rotors and the calipers put on the wrong sides, in other words they were leading caliper put in the trailing position (ie. Fools bought the wrong calipers!!), I guess the judges/wof/cert man didn't see the rotation arrow on the caliper!!!

I guess those are good examples of how NOT to do a brake upgrade as opposed to NO brake upgrade though.

Tell me about it, a certain EK civic (w/H22a) won "best brakes" at the autosalon a couple of years ago, with stock rear drums still on it!!

Last year Falgoon's WRX won the same prize with some SL6 wilwoods up front, on STOCK rotors and the calipers put on the wrong sides, in other words they were leading caliper put in the trailing position (ie. Fools bought the wrong calipers!!), I guess the judges/wof/cert man didn't see the rotation arrow on the caliper!!!

I guess those are good examples of how NOT to do a brake upgrade as opposed to NO brake upgrade though.

but you forget grasshopper that it also consumed itself by the ways of fire......me thinks it only conformed on the basic one level of showcar - looked nice-sorry-paint is nice.......just goes to show that a majority of so called experts dont know what they're doing!!!!

Conrad, enter autosalon, win best brakes. Dooo itttt.

Only if he as some 316 rear drums on there!!!

Guest Spargo

Only if he as some 316 rear drums on there!!!

nay, some brake pads attached to a hand operated stick contacting directly with the tyre!

Master cylinder will be gttn modified so wont MELT!!!!

As For Suspension im going to be puting adjustables in the front and rear

Not planning on brake up grade yet as its not needed not planning on racing it

Will get other pics up of car soon

...Not planning on brake up grade yet as its not needed not planning on racing it...

LOL, Thats what I thought, drove it once with stock brakes, scary as hell!!!

Better start planing the budget to include them soon, as you will get very sick of them very quick if you don't have an incident.

yea you will definatly need brakes, racebrakes up on new north road do some good upgrade packages. More pics would be good so we can see the car this engine is being put into. Whos doing the conversion for you?

Will be good to see this finished.

Also IPLEZR how is your car coming along? Toasting marshmellows again yet? B)

hey i am wondering does compressing stiff springs, in your case kings, make them soft? how do thy go after being compressed and have you shortened your shocks? thanks

Guest Andrew

hey i am wondering does compressing stiff springs, in your case kings, make them soft? how do thy go after being compressed and have you shortened your shocks? thanks

who knows what it does to them - once you heat up a spring you totally ruin the properties of the metal and spring (unless you REALLY know what your doing in terms of how fast they cool etc etc)

i would not say, you would totally ruin them.

there would be a high possiblity that you would change the spring constant dramaticly, that the operating envelope you are looking to use them for is completely wrong.

unless afterwards you are able to measure the spring constant.