Sign in to follow this  
Matt T

E39 540i from the deep south

Hi all,

my name is Matt and I currently own an E39 540i. I'm a mechanic and WOF inspector at a family owned workshop here in Invercargill. My father started and owns the business and I run it from day to day now, as he is of retirement age and can't be bothered anymore haha. I've owned several other bimmers over the years including... 

- 2004 E65 740i

- 2004 E66 760li

- E53 X5 4.4

And my current E39

I've owned 60+ cars in my 38 years, some pretty unique (so many I wished I kept) and would be worth so much money now, hindsight right... My dream BMW would be a face-lift E39 M5, but the 540 is about all the budget extends to at the moment lol. 

I have 3 kids, my son is 4 and twin 7 month girls and I'm slowing tidying up my E39 as I can afford it but my toy always takes a backseat to theirs lol. 

Looking forward to talking to others and, once I'm not so time and money poor, going on a few road trips, meeting others and checking out some other nice bimmers. 

• Like 13

Thanks Pete. Yip I've had a lot of different cars of all years, makes and models lol. I've slowed down a lot since the kids came along though. It was an expensive habit as I don't think I started making anything on my purchases until lately ?

Welcome, Matt!