Sign in to follow this  
scottr

Upgrade cic software for combox - anyone can help?

Hi all, after an unfortunate incident with a range rover my trusty e46 has been upgraded to a e87 130i motorsport. Luckily the 130i is late model enough to have CIC, however unluckily the original purchaser did not opt for bluetooth.

I'm looking at a combox retrofit which looks easy enough to do (car have cabling prep for bluetooth, just no mulf installed) however my CIC software is not recent enough to understand what to do with one and I don't have the ICOM cable required to update it.

I'm looking at a combox so that it works well and integrates nicely with the car's cic system for phone and music as I'm keen to avoid anything that runs through the aux port, requires seperate microphones, or needs a phone to be plugged in to work (like tune2air and/or carplay/android auto screen interceptors).

Wondering if there's anyone out west auckland with an icom who'd be able and/or willing to help out?

Thanks!