Sign in to follow this  
jon dee

How to clear brake service warning 335i e92

I read through the first dozen page (of 232 !!!) but found nothing relevant, so apologies if this has been done to death already.

As part of my suspension refresh on my 335i e92 I have fitted new discs, pads and sensors all round. Don't remember.ever seeing any service lights beforehand, but after I did the rears I tried to reset the rear brake interval using the common technique expounded all over the interweb. Couldn't get a reset and ended up with the - - - - - symbol and a red car on a hoist. Eventually figured that the front wear sensor may have tripped and sure enough when I did the fronts they were down to 3mm and the sensor was well ground down.

Fitted the new parts to the front and tried resetting again but both front and rear show the - - - - - symbol, the red car on a hoist remains plus a message on the iDrive screen telling me to get my sorry ass down to BMW for brake servicing. There are no other service faults showing.

So to the question... is there anyone (other than the BMW dealer) around Wellington or the Hutt that has a tool that can reset the brake service intervals and clear the red car on a hoist ?? Happy to pay with beers or cash 😀

Cheers...

I can reset for you via obd. Based in Wellington, Kingston. Ping me a message

Hey Pramod... many thanks for the offer but I managed to get it sorted. Started looking at scanners on the interwebs last night and came across a procedure that someone with the exact same problem used, and it worked :D Maybe I was using the wrong procedure or was in the wrong menu or something ? But I was able to reset service reminder dates so I must have been close. Anyways front and rear brakes are reset and the red car on a lift has gone,so all good :)

Cheers...