Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

E90 Coding Help

Can someone please point me in the right direction, hopefully having dealt with this before

So i've basically swapped everything over from my donor 325i e90 car into the white e91 320i

i'm having issues getting the DSC codes resolved

The e91 has a matching

- CAS 

- DME 

- KEY 

- DSC

- CLUSTER 

all from the donor car, 

the error i'm struggling to resolve is 

005E1F DSC: Control unit: incorrect vehicle identification number; calibration required

0x005E50: DSC: Steering-angle sensor: serial number; calibration required

From what I can see online all i can see is people having to initialize the steering angle sensor to clear those codes, but i'm not having any luck, am I missing anything? ISTA saying something about the DSC having to be encoded after replacement or something

Unsure what to do from here, any e90 coding wizzes out there, happy to pay

Edited by 325_driver

Hiya, 

if you're using donor parts ensure vin is programmed and matched to CAS, DME, SLZ and DSC. else you wont be able to calibrate

it's got to be the SLZ  then, which was what i was thinking
in saying that, after running the car for a little bit bleeding the coolant and power steering i don't have the vin mis-match one, i've got other ones going on, but i think thats to do with running ISTA not with the car running by memory

I've seen these pop up on my other wagon from time to time "no communication" type errors

image.png.053eedaa1de7d7eb6ada53ceeab4fe68.png

Edited by 325_driver

Fixed it .... 

So 90% of the issues was that a windows update, had changed my latency from 1 to 16 on cable port settings, making it near impossible for me to talk to modules in INPA giving me all sorts of issues

once that was working INPA actually let me into the DSC module, where i could activate / calibrate pump values, yaw sensor and finally clear the error.

Bizzare!