Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

E34 535is back up for sale

Back onto the topic of e34 535is's...

I have been told that any e34 535i sold in NZ new is a "535is" if its vin starts with WBAHD12. According to the motor vehicle registry there are 20 NZ New cars left that have VINs that start with WBAHD12. That's the same amount there are e34 M5s in the country. There's actually also 26 UK import WBAHD12s in the country, this is more than the amount of NZ new ones left. There's also 2 with Japan as the country of origin and 3 from Germany but I don't know how similar these are to NZ New ones. The more you know.

• Thanks 1

mine was a steal then at [$1000] :ph34r: even has a old Bimmersport sticker on it :P

After looking at the vehicle discussed here in 2002, I ended up buying a Sth African import- a few weeks later. It was identical in spec to the NZ New 535is - had a bodykit including rear boot spoiler (which actually looks good on the E34) , had the M spec suspension, grey leather electric sports seats, auto-dipping rear view mirror, LSD, and 17" imitation throwing stars. It was in a very unusual colour- almost a plum red - but not burgundy. Amazing car. Only owned it for 6 months as I managed to secure my dream car - an E24 M6 - so it had to go!