Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Big Brother

Thanks for the post Rog.

It's interesting that the only one I fit there is tints. But seeing as its perfectly legal for me to have tints (and they are of a legal standard) I still dont see a reason for running my plates other than 'because I can'.

If Im being perfectly honest I find most of those 'reasons' to be quite laughable....stopping people for bad dress sense and bad taste in music...come on do they really have nothing better to do ?

Is it any wonder that some people feel victimised by the police simply because of their age, the way they dress, the music they listen to or the car they drive ?

Id be interested to know what sort of percentages we are talking about here. What I mean is if we took all the drivers in NZ with tints....how many are criminals, or how many black CRX owners are very young unlicenced drivers ?

Do the percentages really justify such specific things to look for ?

Thanks for the post Rog.

It's interesting that the only one I fit there is tints. But seeing as its perfectly legal for me to have tints (and they are of a legal standard) I still dont see a reason for running my plates other than 'because I can'.

If Im being perfectly honest I find most of those 'reasons' to be quite laughable....stopping people for bad dress sense and bad taste in music...come on do they really have nothing better to do ?

Is it any wonder that some people feel victimised by the police simply because of their age, the way they dress, the music they listen to or the car they drive ?

Id be interested to know what sort of percentages we are talking about here. What I mean is if we took all the drivers in NZ with tints....how many are criminals, or how many black CRX owners are very young unlicenced drivers ?

Do the percentages really justify such specific things to look for ?

I think in our case Martyn, and especially in your case (and Ian's), that if we do get pulled over by a cop that's following the previously stated list that they're more likely to be stunned as to our age and only have a chat.

I've now been pulled over two times in the last year and both times the cop has only said something minor even though admittedly both were ticketable offenses (although one instance I got pulled over for not having lights on low beam at night, I can understand that as a safety or possibly drunk issue)

Edited by Carl

maybe all of the above martyn,but perhaps your rego plate itself was the item that sparked some curiosity?Mabe they just called your plate in then found you had the license expired...quite nice of the to remind you hey?

Maybe, I will die my hair Gray.

It will make me look exxtremely wiser, while still maintaining maximum youthfulness.

People will automaticaly think your smarter than you look. Pretend your a big sucker and be smart about it. I have been driving for 30 years.

You will not only attractive to more older women than your use to, but to more younger chicks.

But remember, the sugar daddy has money for my personal lawer.

Just incase, John Travolta music starts appearing in your mirror. Dont play them for fools, and always be on the level.

Martyn, as with all such criteria, it was her personal list. I'm sure each cop will have their own list of prejudices.

The problem I have with the existence of such lists is that they show that there are prejudices and generalisations, neither of which are not particularly helpful. That said, if I was a cop, I guess I'd be just as bad and I suspect that could be said for each of us, although our lists may differ.

In my list, I'd automatically pull over every Holden V8 driver, especially the black cars - just 'cos they're driving one. :P

Oh yeah and anyone driving a Toyota Will Vi, just 'cos they're bloody ugly cars. :lol:

BMW drivers would get a green light... B)

Edited by Jazzbass