Sign in to follow this  
ciderbeard

First Bimmer - 2007 130i MSPORT Manual

(Added Pics)

Kia ora tatou / greetings to everyone.  Just joined the cool kids club with my first BMW.  Honestly was just looking for a fun drivers car hadn't even considered Euro but with the ridiculous prices any of the usual suspects i ended up getting great value I think with this 130i.  Working on cleaning it up enough to get it to sharable shape and then will post some pictures.  Maybe this weekend, i washed it and its already dirty the day after so I need to plan for the pics better.

A big thanks to this forum for helping me realize what a great little car the 130i is.  Look forward to sharing what I can but mostly soaking up all the knowledge here. 

Quick question while I'm posting, is it pretty much impossible to get a BMWP intake and exhaust for the e87 these days?

https://www.mdecoder.com/decode/wbauf92060p010621

VIN: WBAUF92060P010621

IMG_1250.JPG

IMG_1251.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

IMG_1255.JPG

IMG_1257.JPG

Edited by ciderbeard
adding photos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Aaron and good choice! That VIN points to a Left Hand Drive vehicle?

To answer your question, yes BMWP stuff is long since discontinued so you'd need to pick one up on the second hand market and they're about as abundant as rocking horse poop.

Edit: you get no more help until you post pics! 😉

Edited by M3AN

Thanks for the welcome M3AN, RE: BMWP stuff I was afraid of that, i guess the hunt begins.  I will post in wanting to buy just in case.

Strange about the VIN.  It's a right hand drive license plate is HGD181 that should point to the correct vehicle. 

• Like 1

Its just Mdecoder being a potato... its commonly broken. VIN is correct.

130s are epic little cars, good choice, and its got all the right options! 

BMWP are still available, all old stock and sporadically (mostly UK BMW dealers). If on faceballs jump on "BMW 130 Owners Unite" as stuff occasionally pops up there. BMWP is nice and shiny, but often overpriced and a lot of the aftermarket stuff is actually better to be fair :D 

• Like 1

I'd be open to aftermarket stuff.  I love the balance the BMWP seems to strike, still pretty stealthy under normal driving but a bit more aggressive when opened up.  Can you recommend any after market ones that would achieve something similar to the BMWP stuff?

That being said the BMWP intake does look pretty sexy.  I avoid faceballs, but i might have to venture in to look at the group.