Sign in to follow this  
GrandClam

E38 728i Coolant expansion tank question

Hello everyone and thanks in advance.

I can't find any info about this online and I have a sneaking suspicion my expansion tank is on its last legs.

The e38 728i runs a m52 inline 6 engine

My question here is - Is there anything stopping me from putting an expansion tank from one of the e38 v8 engines into my cooling system chain?

Is it too big? will it explode? is it too small? does it work differently from the stock one?

I have access to a e38 v8 expansion tank and I'm thinking about replacing mine with it and I'm just wondering if this wont work.

cheers in advance

30 minutes ago, GrandClam said:

Hello everyone and thanks in advance.

I can't find any info about this online and I have a sneaking suspicion my expansion tank is on its last legs.

The e38 728i runs a m52 inline 6 engine

My question here is - Is there anything stopping me from putting an expansion tank from one of the e38 v8 engines into my cooling system chain?

Is it too big? will it explode? is it too small? does it work differently from the stock one?

I have access to a e38 v8 expansion tank and I'm thinking about replacing mine with it and I'm just wondering if this wont work.

cheers in advance

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E38/Europe/728i-M52/R-A/browse/radiator/radiator_expansion_tank_frame/#pos_4