Sign in to follow this  
conrod

E46 M3 CSL- slightly used!

This car went under the hammer at Turners DVA this morning. It was the one that belonged to BMW NZ that was being used by the driving school, that one of the young instructors took for an ill fated spin on the road! I would have posted it in the "For Sale" section earlier, but as I was bidding on it I didn't want the extra competition! It sold for $13400, and no, I am not the new owner.

http://www.turners.co.nz/TabId/188/vguid/2...17/default.aspx

post-2-1147328156.jpg

Edited by conrod

thought I'd post the pics before it disappears off their website!

post-2-1147329050.jpg

Well he made a good job of it!!!

$13400 seems like a bit of a bargin really.

Guest Spargo

hahahahahaha lost it on road tyres, sike! Bet you're not an instructor now. Darwin at its finest.

Totally 13K worth of parts on there.

Well he made a good job of it!!!

$13400 seems like a bit of a bargin really.

I thought that was a good price for someone, and would have paid a fair amount more than that for it if I didn't have a current project, and had a use for it. But I do have a project, and didn't have a use so let it go. Also, the buyer had to sign a declaration saying it would not be repaired, and was to be for parts only, which was of no consequence to me anyway.

And apologies to BMW NZ for causing any embarrasment by posting these pics, but I am sure it was not a career enhancing move for the young instructor involved, who shall remain nameless!

Why wouldn't you be allowed to repair it?

I think that declaration was probably drafted by BMW.As it was nearly new and still under warranty, and so severely damaged, they wouldn't want it bodged back together and have to cover the warranty/servicing/problems that would likely show up on a car like this after being repaired. Just my opinion though, I don't know for sure.

Engine looked okay Andrew, outer part of carbon inlet manifold damaged, but that was about all I could see wrong with it. Wheels all stuffed, not sure where the LF wheel/suspension/brakes were- it was completely ripped off! All other suspension bits bent, interior looked good but airbags had gone off. So really only engine/box, interior and diff salvagable, and a few minor bits. The rest was scrap.

Guest Andrew

I think that declaration was probably drafted by BMW.As it was nearly new and still under warranty, and so severely damaged, they wouldn't want it bodged back together and have to cover the warranty/servicing/problems that would likely show up on a car like this after being repaired. Just my opinion though, I don't know for sure.

Engine looked okay Andrew, outer part of carbon inlet manifold damaged, but that was about all I could see wrong with it. Wheels all stuffed, not sure where the LF wheel/suspension/brakes were- it was completely ripped off! All other suspension bits bent, interior looked good but airbags had gone off. So really only engine/box, interior and diff salvagable, and a few minor bits. The rest was scrap.

you could of given me your S52 and used the CSL S54 in your project :D

Barely a straight panel - good effort!

meep :( ... 330i csl conversion anyone ? bugger I missed this ... wonder if the SMG and active diff were still in good order.

you could of given me your S52 and used the CSL S54 in your project :D

That was an option, to use the S54 and sell the S50, but apart from the horsepower difference ( which won't be that much by the time I finish tweaking mine) I am not convinced that the S54 is an altogether better engine, although the carbon inlet manifold is damn sexy!

wonder who bought it .... wouldnt mind the seats outta it ..

Those seats are incredible, i didnt want to get out when i sat in one!

if a s 62? is offered at 20k without a transmission then 13 k is quite cheap isnt it?

S54 but few extra ponies over standard M3 engine. Trick carbon airbox and a few other things to get the extra power