Sign in to follow this  
smiddy

N54 MHD V9 Throttle Sensitivity update

Has anyone else tried the MHD latest add on to V9 maps?

Sliding scale setting, throttle pedal signal  reducing function as used on the 1M it says.

Loaded it yesterday, works great! Set at 70%,(less delay from stock), feels just like a cable unit, improves manual auto shifts noticably(xhp stg2).

Also for $80 odd, loaded stge 2 MHD maps V9.

With this upgrade will my manual mode be faster than this guy jamming gears ?

Not bad for an old 5.0 litre N.A. with a manual gearbox :) Runs 6-1/2 seconds and 103 mph in the 1/8 mile... sounds mean !!!!

Cheers...

• Like 1

Lol, certainly jaming gears alright! Don't think a clutch pedal is involved in those shifts, does sound strong.

If you look closely at the in-car vid you can see his left leg twitching :) Pretty sure he is flat shifting as when you listen to him talking in the full vid he talks about missed shifts and having a problem with a broken shift fork. Either way, I always vote for DIY cars that get the front wheels off the ground ... old school cool :)

Got the update downloaded and ready to flash, but realised it has been a long time since I used manual mode. Now I have to go for a bit of a drive before I flash the tune so I can get a better idea of the current MHD/xHP shifting to make a comparison with the new shift speed tweak. I think I will try 50% first up.

Cheers...

Flashed the MHD Adjust Throttle Sensitivity option with the setting at 50% of scale. Went for a short drive in Sports mode and noticed some glitches in the shifting... like the DME and TCU weren't synched correctly. Going to give that a bit of time to see if the adaptions sort that out (I am not a big believer in resetting adaptions as a first course of action). Then I switched to Manual mode and yes, changes certainly seem to be crisper than before :)

I'd like to do a bit more driving before experimenting with higher settings. Today I had a lot of trouble getting my generic D-CAN cable to make a solid connection between my tablet and the DME. Must have taken half an hour and about 20 attempts before it would play ball.... :argggg-min:Need to find a better way.

Cheers...

Yeah, I find adding anything new, from hardware to software takes a day or two, maybe 4-5 start/ stop runs to perform smooth.