Sign in to follow this  
Snejki

E46 Airbag error 240

Hi all. I have scanned my e46 with INPA due to airbag light staying on and got an error 240. After quick Google search I found out it's the airbag module that apparently locked itself due to multiple possible reasons.

In most threads I've read, they say you can rewrite it with good data, but you have to take it out of course. Does anyone here have experience with this and would be able to help me out, or am I looking at a very expensive fix here? I have some other issues to take care, so if this will set me back too much, I can then park the car for the next 3 months and not even look at it lol :D

I'd be happy to get this module out and send it to someone who can re-code it. Apparently people that got the modules off eBay had the same code when they installed them, so they had to get them re-coded first. 

Any hep is greatly appreciated here, thank you!

240 is internal issue. If you post to me I can rewrite firmware. it locks itself if you've had a fault for ages. 

I've had the airbag light on since August, went to Coromandel over weekend, parked the car for 2 nights, then on the morning of departure the airbag light was on. Didn't even bother with it, but will have to do WOF this month and got myself a cable to scan. I will try to get this out next week and contact you for details, thanks!

Thanks to Pramod, the module was reflashed and the airbag light is gone! If anyone experiences the same error, hit him up, cheers!

• Like 1

Pramod does amazing stuff, he is an electronics wizard!