Sign in to follow this  
Williev

WOF failed due to Airbag light

Hi there Ladies and Gents

My daughters 2000 z3 failed its WOF due to the airbag light being on.  Is there anyone near me that can help with a scan and a diagnosys?  I am in Half Moon Bay Auckland.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Willie

Assuming it's compatible, and I believe it is, I have a Carly adapter with the app that we can plug in to check. Does your daughter's car have a round ("pac-man") connector in the engine bay as well as a trapezoid connector under the steering wheel, do you know?

I'm in Mt Wellington, feel free to send me a PM.

• Like 1

The 2000 Z3's will have both the OBD2 plug under the steering wheel (DME and EGS only) and the 20 pin pac-mac connector under the bonnet.  The 20 pin connector has access to all modules.  The car is fully OBD2 compliant, so any OBD2 scanner with BMW software will talk to all modules as long as you connect to the 20 pin connector.

The Airbag fault code you do not want is the F0 (hex), 240 (Dec), Internal Error.  If it is, then read this:  https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2355545-Airbag-Control-Module-Internal-Error-(F0-240-errors)-Finally-found-a-fix!