Sign in to follow this  
Guest MSBOND

alittle help please

Guest MSBOND

im looking for these 3 series door sills, im wanting to know if anyone knows where i can get them from. NZ if possible.

post-12-1077614946.jpg

don't get the ///m ones, is there an m anywhere under your bonnet or anywhere else on your car?

picking between those and the ///M ones, they look a bit more styly. B)

Funny that someone is considering putting these on their car (when it is as close to an ///M car as a 10 speed bicycle), after starting a recent thread on the forum recently about showing her disgust at having to make a an AC Schnitzer sticker for a customer who didn't have an ACS car at all.

Stick to the ones that say "3 Series", at least that is truthful.

My 2c worth anyway.

Cheers

shelley i say the 3 series :D they look crisp :D..

not the ///M as reasons above have already stated.... unless you get an ///M :D

Guest Andrew

the 3 series ones look terrible and the ///M ones look better - but you can't put the M ones on the car. See if you can't find any 318i ones.

or how about the standard ones, they're only door sill afterall they're for wiping the mud off your shoes so you don't get it on your carpet.

Someone might argue with me here, but I believe you have the slowest most gutless bmw here, and yet you seem to have this fascination with M spec parts. I dont believe the two things really belong together. I read before you were wanting a car that is "one of a kind", well putting all the M SPEC parts you can find on a automatic 318 should do it. I dont mean to be rude but, it just looks so dumb when people do this. It is not the badge that makes the car. It is the car that makes the badge. (If that makes sence) :)

Someone might argue with me here, but I believe you have the slowest most gutless bmw here, and yet you seem to have this fascination with M spec parts. I dont believe the two things really belong together. I read before you were wanting a car that is "one of a kind", well putting all the M SPEC parts you can find on a automatic 318 should do it. I dont mean to be rude but, it just looks so dumb when people do this. It is not the badge that makes the car. It is the car that makes the badge. (If that makes sence) :)

Nice...well put ThreeTwoFive.

I couldn't agree more.

Cheers

There is nothing wrong with 318i the problim is every one else thinks there car is better.

318's have a lot going for them.

and if she decides that she whats to put them on power to her.

And there is no no shuch thing as a msport bmw there are only one m sport and the are the ones with the arch flares. Like M3POWR.

So go do some reading and lear what you all are talking about

There is nothing wrong with 318i the problim is every one else thinks there car is better.

318's have a lot going for them.

and if she decides that she whats to put them on power to her.

And there is no no shuch thing as a msport bmw there are only one m sport and the are the ones with the arch flares. Like M3POWR.

So go do some reading and lear what you all are talking about

LMFAO. :D Im not sure if it is even worth answering you. An M3 is a M3 full stop. But what are you on about. What is this car, http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....p?showtopic=622

Boy didnt have to read very far to find that. This car is comonly refered to as a 325i SPORT. They are equiped with Mtec steering wheel, Mtec spoiler package etc.

Indeed they are not a M3, yet they are manfactured by BMW. Similar is the US version the 325is model. Many a person refers to these cars as a M Spec car, no it is not a M3 but that was not the claim. They do however share similar items wheel, seats etc. I believe you may well wish to do some reading yourself. I have nothing against 318i, however I find it a foolish car to start fitting a door sill from a M3, or infact taking a Mtec spoiler kit and modifying it to give a "different look". That to me seems a crime. 318 are a great car AS THEY ARE. I personally would like a 318is. But Im guessing you have never heard of that model either. :rolleyes:

Edited by tHrEEtWoFiVe

atually there is no thing as a 325i SPORT this is just a 325i with some accessories.

and you are telling the wrong person about bmw models being i have pritty much lived bmw for the last 15 years.

and once again shelley is not asking what you whould do to your car but where do you get that and what one looks better.

End of dicussion.

atually there is no thing as a 325i SPORT this is just a 325i with some accessories.

The 325is is known as a 325i sport. No-one is pretending that it is an M3, but it is still classed as a sports version of the 325i.

Just like the 318is (a bloody good car, and as ThreeTwoFive has said, I would like one of these too) is a sports version of the 318i.

Cage, I think that you are missing the point here. No-one is saying that a M325i or a 325is is an M3, or as good as an M3. We are just saying that these cars do exist from the factory and are a sports version of the standard 325i (which basically means better suspension, LSD, body kit, sports seats etc).

Cheers

I didnt know the M Tech had a LSD, nice. I wouldnt mind some of those MTech sills in black, but I already have the logos on the doors and a "Sport Edition, Designed by BMW" thing on the glovebox.

Maybe later on :)

Guest Andrew

and you are telling the wrong person about bmw models being i have pritty much lived bmw for the last 15 years.

and once again shelley is not asking what you whould do to your car but where do you get that and what one looks better.

End of dicussion.

You are wrong:

You have the 325iS and the M325i .. The iS came with mtech suspension and a few litte mtech bits and bobs.

The M325i came will a full Mtech body kit and with higher compression pistons which gave the motor a bit more power.

Obviously there are various combinations of these models. I'm not sure but some may have had the dogleg box option - Juzzie Wuzzie knows more.

There is also a 320is which was a smaller displacement de-tuned S14 and mtech suspension.

I wasn't aware there was a "dicussion" going on.

Guest Andrew

oh and there is the 325i SE models also - these are special editions and have build plates like the M3 does on the centre console.

Could i be the first to suggest that some people here need to do a little more research before they start talking from 'life experience'?

You got owned.

Dont put something M on a car that aint M.

MTEC cars are an exception, as BMW itself equipped the cars with this, and as mentioned above, they arent just 'fancy' parts but also actual 'go faster' parts.

Dont pretend to have something you dont.

Dont put something M on a car that aint M.

Agree.

End of dicussion.

You are wrong:

You have the 325iS and the M325i .. The iS came with mtech suspension and a few litte mtech bits and bobs.

The M325i came will a full Mtech body kit and with higher compression pistons which gave the motor a bit more power.

Obviously there are various combinations of these models. I'm not sure but some may have had the dogleg box option - Juzzie Wuzzie knows more.

There is also a 320is which was a smaller displacement de-tuned S14 and mtech suspension.

I wasn't aware there was a "dicussion" going on.

needed

post-12-1077766415.jpg

any way the topic was about sills

so i thought i would say something about sills

but if u want to put mtech ones on im all gud with that 'to each his/her own'

and as well i think 3-series one will look nicer but i think someware around you can get ones that just say '3' and the font is the proper one so the '3' part looks the same as the badge on the back it looks nice as and the illuminate wen u open the door they look sick i love em i think i got a pic someware

and they are not rice cos my mates amg merc has them from the factory

but yea they look cool as ill get a pic.

Edited by bimmer boy