Sign in to follow this  
First Timer

E89 jap tv to NZ

Hi,

my Japanese import E89 Z4 has the TV tuner. is there any way to convert it to picking up NZ stations?  I realise that it requires a nstc to pal conversion box but these are easily sourced and run off of usb. i would think the hardest part would be converting it to take a digital signal.

any ideas? has anyone done this?

cheers 

Does your car have CIC or CCC?

If it's CIC there is a guide in this link. It is for E90 but it would be very similar if not identical i would imagine as hardware is all the same. This is a UK based forum but they have the same DTV format as us i think

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1066295

Edited by F10er

On 4/14/2022 at 7:08 AM, F10er said:

Does your car have CIC or CCC?

If it's CIC there is a guide in this link. It is for E90 but it would be very similar if not identical i would imagine as hardware is all the same. This is a UK based forum but they have the same DTV format as us i think

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1066295

Hi F10

thanks for your reply.

considering how much the unit costs and the conversion parts i think i'll stick with my limcet carplay/android box with mirroring and just using tvnz, netflix, etc. as they all show up on the display. Oddly enough, it will play NZ movie DVD's while i'm driving. lol