Sign in to follow this  
DaveAitken777

Flooded E91 ecu

Hello all,

I have experienced the flooded ecu (dme) on my E91 325i. This wouldn't be such a problem if I lived close to a BMW dealer but I would need to tow the car over an hour away. I'm looking to swap the ecu, cas, ignition slot and key. Has anyone done this successfully? Does anyone have a set? I have already sent the ecu off to be fixed but was unsuccessful. My ecu is Siemens VDO 7 576 297. Thanks

20220329_084250(1).jpg

20220329_084553(1).jpg

Edited by DaveAitken777
  • Like 1

i can help,  you just need a  secondhand ecu., if you send used ecu and  your cas i can pair it together. done plenty. no need to buy a set. and fyi, if you do buy a set the cas depending on the ks will automatically sync the highest value. plus you'll have a tamper dot on cluster as vin mismatch. 

• Like 1

Hey there i have experienced the same issue. car was stalling out. opened my ECU box and found there to be water in there which was causing my car to stall and throw random check lights at me. e91 330i wagon. Just wondering what the best thing would be to do, ive taken the ECU out and trying to dry it as best as i could but how much would a second hand ECU to replace and re flash be etc?

Does my ecu look salvageable or do I need a new one? Any info would be great thanks

cheers

Located Auckland New Zealand.

20220719_142513.jpg

Edited by bimmersam96
Added image
  • Like 2

It's hard to tell from a photo but your module doesn't look too bad compared to the OP's one.  If you're lucky cleaning off the green crusties might be enough to sort the issue?   Have a watch of this video that was done recently regarding some water damaged modules in an Alpina and see if you think that might be applicable to you/your ECU.  

To be clear I haven't tried this before and have no  idea on if you're making things better or worse by trying what Alex did.