Sign in to follow this  
Simca

E34 Rear brake sticking

Trying to sort out a wof issue.

Right side rear brake is sticking on slightly, and is giving higher brake force than the left during testing.

So far I have:

1. Swapped pads side to side to check for pad issue.
  2. Cleaned, polished, and lubed the slide pins (Bentley reckons no lube but they were already lubed when I took them out)
  3. Bled brakes/ran new fluid through (only did rear) (one bubble came out of right side)
  4. Removed and cleaned the caliper and polished the piston, had a fair bit of gunk inside, enough for me to think that was the underlying issue, but that also wasn't it.

I am tonight removing the rotors and swapping them side to side. I have pulled both off, and to my untrained hands it felt like there was more resistance removing the rotor on the side that was sticking than the side where it was fine. Could potentially be the handbrake mechanism I'm guessing? I'll do my best recalibrating the handbrake, but I would have figured that if it wasn't calibrated properly it would have just been less powerful, not on when it wasn't meant to be.

I might be anwsering my own question with this post but in case there's no difference please do shoot at me with ideas because I am sort of at my whits end. Maybe hoses if the park brake doesn't help

First thing to check is even tyre pressures, makes quite a difference on brake machines 

If handbrake mech was playing up enough to effect foot brake it probably wouldn't be getting the rotor off easily 

Otherwise, replace hoses and flush the hard lines out 

What the imbalance reading? Did you clean both calipers?