Sign in to follow this  
topnotchrally

*NEW* E36 Control Arms/Bushings Package

I bought these in a hurry and now realize I don't really want 'track setup' control arms.  My loss, your gain.  I paid nz$856 for this with shipping (no kidding).  Any one interested in buying them off of me? 

Fits all E36 and Z3, include 94-95 M3, excluding 96-99 M3

PRICE $650

Pickup Hamilton/Raglan

I'd be willing to deliver to Auckland area for $50

(the price below is US$)

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 10.17.25 AM.png

Edited by topnotchrally

On 7/16/2022 at 12:14 PM, M3AN said:

These arms are NOT for Evo M3s, it says so in the ad, thought not in so many words.  They are NOT for use on 96-99 M3 (Evos).

I'm sure they are fine for street use, but having nearly solid bushings and steel rather than plastic ball joints they will likely give a very direct feel to the steering and increased road noise.  The intent of these is not to change the geometry but to have less deflection under (racing) loads than OEM parts.

More importantly.... someone please buy them 🙂

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Well, this has gotten unexpectedly out of hand.  I just want to sell these control arms... I don't really have a problem with what anyone has said, the initial replies were intended to be helpful, as for the rest, I don't know.

Let me explain a bit further how I come to buy these and why I'd like to sell them.

I have a 95 M3 which needs a new lower ball joint.  I can't buy a ball joint and then I discovered 95 M3s have 'one off' control arms which must be purchased from BMW as no aftermarkets replacements are made  (makes sense, very small market). I then found these control arms which cost slightly more than 1 BMW arm. I realized it was intended for track use but as there seems no other option I bought it.  I should have done more research.  A week later I found that I can buy aftermarket HD Meyle control arms which are fine to use as long as you replace both arms.  Those Meyle arms have HD rubber bushings.  That is my preferred option, though I think the chance of selling these is slim I figured it was worth a shot.

The reason I am reluctant to put these on is that the car already has significant road noise and these, with the solid rear bushings, are going to make the noise worse.  I'm old, I don't like road noise.  However, I'm not rich so if they don't sell in a few weeks I will put them. 

I am wondering, could I use these control arms with  regular HD bushings and the stock bushing mount?  Anyone care to ring in on that option?

• Like 1

Thread cleaned so OP can sell their stuff.