Sign in to follow this  
hachwy

Aux Install

So I have a 2001 X5 E53 with a nav radio and want to install an aux cord. The videos I have watched explaining how to do It have a 3 pin plug behind the monitor that you use for the cord. When I took out my radio it doesn't have any extra plugs or cables behind it. Can anyone help me out? Is it at the back with the 6 disk changer?

The build date is important with the systems from 2001. I think the x5 / e38 / e39 & E46 gained the aux function either late 2002 or 2003. I don’t think yours is late enough to have the aux function.

Hoverever , if you not fused with running cd stacker there are plug in units that replace the cd stacker and give you a combo of Bluetooth and analog/ aux type functionality.

35 minutes ago, Neal said:

The build date is important with the systems from 2001. I think the x5 / e38 / e39 & E46 gained the aux function either late 2002 or 2003. I don’t think yours is late enough to have the aux function.

Hoverever , if you not fused with running cd stacker there are plug in units that replace the cd stacker and give you a combo of Bluetooth and analog/ aux type functionality.

Just took it out to have another look at it and it is 2001. Are the replacement units similar working to the aux cord input where I can plug in my phone to listen to music? Do you know of any?