Sign in to follow this  
Kiwi_BMW

Any E60 combox experts here

Thought I would try here before going outside NZ.

I have a CiC and combox fitted to my E60, the CiC is coded for the car and everything is working.........except the phone.

I have a E series combox fitted and have it working, the usb and aux in the centre console works and I have picture art working, the usb and aux is wired to the combox

Also wired to the combox is a bluetooth aerial and I can get it searching for a bluetooth connection but it doesn't connect to the iphone I've got and the iphone doesn't show the car to connect to.

Is anyone here able to sort this, or do I need to go to somewhere like bimmertech?

Yes the bluetooth aerial is a genuine BMW aerial. Although it is the earlier type, not the type that was phased in from 2010 on.

No trouble codes apart from the trailer module not being connected to the high stop light.

Grab another Bluetooth enabled device such as a laptop or tablet and see if it can see the Bluetooth broadcast from the bmw is happening first and see if you can pair with it.

I’m not familiar with the combo box so not sure if it has a ccc menu item or a mechanical pairing button. Earlier bmw Bluetooth units had a pairing button and a limited window during ignition on to pair the phone.