Sign in to follow this  
topnotchrally

M3 Convertible 'Dreamer'

M3 Evo Convertible

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/listing/3925269192

In the past these have been worth less than the coupes/sedans, which makes sense to me since it's more dangerous to drive (and enjoy).  However, the last one of these sold for $30k last year in Chch, after being for sale for ages for $45k, then lowered to $35k.  It was bought by a dealer and immediately put up for sale in Auckland for $38k.  It had 100k kms as well.  I went to look at it in Auckland. It had been partially repainted, not a great job, had missing trim on the interior and most alarming the VANOs was almost nearly inoperative... I doubt it was making 220hp.  Still, even with all this fixed I can't see if fetching more than $35.   $60k is the price for 2030... I hope.

Side note...I was considering buying the above car so looked into the 'automatic roll over protection'. It's a bit of a concern.  It seems if  you get it 'light' over a crest. (pretty common in NZ when driving spiritedly), it will trigger the roll bars to pop up.  The good news is they can be reset with a bit minor amount of labour, the bad nows is sometimes they bust the trim bits/etc when deploying. (youtube source of info)

There was an E46 M3 'vert for sale recently at $24k. (IIRC.)

Seller did acknowledge that it was likely the cheapest M3 available.