Sign in to follow this  
Simca

1996 e39 540i ACS

Up for sale is my 1996 BMW 540i

I bought this for the BBS RKs it had and thought it would be a fun project to get legal and sell.

It's got a bunch of AC Schnitzer stuff. It’s got the full kit: front and rear lip, side skirts, mirrors, spoiler, wheels, and it even has the ACS shifter, handbrake, and pedals on the inside. Performance wise it has the AC Schnitzer exhaust, an AC Schnitzer Strut Brace, ACS lowered suspension, and to finish it off it is running an Eibach sway bar at the front and some sway bar on the rear. I have also been told it has an AC Schnitzer tune, but I mean idk if that's actually true I haven't checked.

In the time I have owned the car I have put a large amount of work into it to get it legal. The car has had a full service, I have replaced the oil, coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and gearbox fluid and have replaced all associated filters along with the fuel filter and cabin filters as well. In addition to this routine maintenance, I have also replaced the front and rear rotors and pads, the alternator, the airbag clock spring, the centre tie rod, and almost all rear suspension arms and bushings, along with having the car aligned.

The car is an absolute blast to drive, it outperforms and out-handles many lighter cars on the road. (Goes great on track too). It is also, owing to its ACS exhaust, the best sounding v8 I have personally heard in my life.

The car still has a little bit of love required however. The car has a small amount of rust in the boot area that needs attending, there is a squeak coming from the front left suspension, and it seems like the power steering pump could be on its way out owing to a light whine while driving. Also the glove box is stuck closed and maybe the blower hedgehog is on the way out. In addition to this one its previous owners also decided to paint the engine cover and rocker covers blue.

The front lip and wheels are unfortunately replica items, however all other ACS parts on the car are genuine. The car will also come with a genuine front lip for repair.

Looking for somewhere around the 5k mark but am willing to negotiate. I've got more into the car than that but it is what it is and it's gotta go.

E39_(1_of_54).jpg

E39 (6 of 54).jpg

E39_(8_of_54).jpg

E39_(10_of_54).jpg

E39_(12_of_54).jpg

E39_(16_of_54).jpg

E39_(21_of_54).jpg

E39_(25_of_54).jpg

E39_(26_of_54).jpg

E39_(28_of_54).jpg

E39 (29 of 54).jpg

E39 (30 of 54).jpg