Sign in to follow this  
Funkyflynz

S50b32 vanos refresh - stop disk?

Hey all,  just wondering if anyone has experience with the stop disk in the s50b32 vanos system?   Im not sure if it needs to be replaced or where exactly it sits within the vano system, unfortunately when it came out i was a clown and didnt take a photo 

B418737E-442F-47F6-A723-BD5D3433D058.jpeg

Replied in the other thread, between the needle bearings and the circlip on the rear of the unit, it's of a size that it can't go elsewhere.

I replaced mine with a metal one from the S54 but that's not necessary if yours is in good shape.

7 hours ago, M3AN said:

Replied in the other thread, between the needle bearings and the circlip on the rear of the unit, it's of a size that it can't go elsewhere.

I replaced mine with a metal one from the S54 but that's not necessary if yours is in good shape.

Thanks, yes it appears to be in good shape, but with everything apart im thinking it would make sense to replace it with a metal one and also do the circlip upgrade as well.  Interesting that the plastic one seems to overlap….

183640A5-E4DF-47E6-8C2A-CAA0D3681303.jpeg

15 hours ago, Funkyflynz said:

Interesting that the plastic one seems to overlap….

I don't think it should overlap but it's made of a pretty unsuitable material and easily deforms. Just make sure it's seated properly and it also has a little nub on it as an alignment guide... I don't think it really matters but check that this is also located properly.