Sign in to follow this  
Martinoff

E64 2005 Cabrio CCC iDrive repair?

I have had my 2005 E64 since  Nov 2017 and have had issues since. Mostly electrical. Recently my CCC unit had the common reboot , freeze etc which got worse to the point where it wouldn't boot at all. After new Varta AGM battery 2 years ago I was still having CCC and other issues. Early this year the alternator died. I fitted a new one not expecting the CCC unit to work but at least now any voltage related issues should be sorted. I removed the CCC unit out and stripped it down hoping to find a smell but did find the Warranty tape was broken so looks like it had been repaired. I thought about doing a reflow but don't have the resources and decided I would rather get the unit repaired by someone who knew what they are doing. I have found a place overseas who look good but would prefer someone in New Zealand. Any advise please?

PS: Have Dyanamic Drive error now

3 hours ago, Martinoff said:

I have had my 2005 E64 since  Nov 2017 and have had issues since. Mostly electrical. Recently my CCC unit had the common reboot , freeze etc which got worse to the point where it wouldn't boot at all. After new Varta AGM battery 2 years ago I was still having CCC and other issues. Early this year the alternator died. I fitted a new one not expecting the CCC unit to work but at least now any voltage related issues should be sorted. I removed the CCC unit out and stripped it down hoping to find a smell but did find the Warranty tape was broken so looks like it had been repaired. I thought about doing a reflow but don't have the resources and decided I would rather get the unit repaired by someone who knew what they are doing. I have found a place overseas who look good but would prefer someone in New Zealand. Any advise please?

PS: Have Dyanamic Drive error now

message @promo

2 hours ago, balancerider said:

message @promo

Hi there. Do you repair CCC units (based in New Zealand) the usual boot issues which have gotten progressively worse over time until; the alternator died and so did the CCC. I fitted a new alternator not expecting the CCC unit to work but at least  other voltage related issues should be sorted. I removed the CCC unit out and stripped it down hoping to find a smell but did find the Warranty tape was broken so looks like it had been repaired. I thought about doing a reflow but don't have the resources and decided I would rather get the unit repaired by someone who knew what they are doing. I have found a place overseas who look good but would prefer someone in New Zealand. Any advise please?

cheers